With the Configurator, you can add a stamp, small bits of content that can give a personalized touch, to your output documents. You can add barcode, text or image stamps to your documents.
If you want to understand how stamping works, the differences between stamps, and the main restrictions and special cases, see Stamping in workflows.
You configure stamping for a profile by enabling the Stamping option in the Processing Steps section.
When you enable the Stamping option for a profile, an additional configuration section appears that allows you to add different stamps for that specific profile.
To add a new stamp:
- Click Add Item to add a new stamp.
- Choose the type of stamp you want to add to your profile. There are three types:
- Text: Text stamps can be used to apply a single line of arbitrary text. For example, to create header or footer lines or to apply a transparent watermark.
- Image: Image stamps can be used to apply an image, e.g. to apply a company logo.
- Barcode: Barcode stamps can be used to apply a 1D or 2D barcode, e.g. to apply a stamp with the document ID.
- Configure the options for the stamp type:
- Image: Path of the image to be used as a stamp.
The path must be an absolute path. Click the folder icon to open the file explorer.
Text: Text to be displayed as a stamp. You can use placeholders to generate the text to be displayed when running the workflow.
Font: Type family and typeface. The list shows all fonts installed in the system.
Font Size: Size of the typeface displayed in the text stamp (points).
Text Color: Color of the text displayed in the stamp. Click the paintbrush icon to open the color picker tool. You can also choose a color by entering the hexadecimal RGB value, Hue-Sat-Lum value or web color name. For example,
#FF0000(equivalent to "Red").
Text Opacity: Transparency of the text. The value can range from 0.0 to 1.0, where 1.0 is opaque and 0 is completely transparent. If you want the text stamp to be used as a watermark, use 0.5.note
Transparency is not allowed in PDF/A-1.
Type: The type of barcode to be displayed. You can choose from:
- 1D barcode types: EAN-13 and Code 128
- 2D barcode types: QR code and data matrix
The barcode type may affect the width and height of the stamp defined in the Layout section.
Value: The value of the barcode. If the barcode type is EAN-13, the value must be 12 digits or 13 digits with valid checksum. You can use placeholders to generate the barcode to be displayed when running the workflow.
- Determine the layout for the stamp. The position is determined by setting one or two adjacent values. For example, if only the "bottom" value is set, the stamp is bottom-aligned to the configured distance to the bottom and horizontally centered. If the "top" and "right" values are set, the stamp is also be top-aligned and right-aligned to the configured border values. You can choose centimeters, millimeters or inches as the unit of measurement for expressing the position.
- Left: Distance to the left border of the page.
- Top: Distance to the top border of the page.
- Right: Distance to the right border of the page.
- Bottom: Distance to the bottom border of the page.
- Angle (text stamp only): The angle of the stamp in degrees. Rotation is counter-clockwise.
- 0°: Horizontal text
- 90°: Sideways bottom to top
- -90°: Sideways top to bottom
- 45°: Diagonal bottom-left to top-right
- -45°: Diagonal top-left to bottom-right
- 180°: Upside down
- Width (image and barcode stamps only): Width of the stamp.
- Height (image and barcode stamps only): Height of the stamp.
For example, if only the "width" value is set for a 2D barcode, the height is calculated accordingly and the stamp is vertically and horizontally centered.note
For 2D barcodes, at least the width or height of the stamp must be specified. For 1D barcodes, both values must be provided.
- Choose the pages on which you want to display the stamp:
- All: the stamp is applied to all pages of all documents.
- First: the stamp is applied to the first page of the main output document. An error is triggered if the resulting document is a collection.
- Last: the stamp is applied to the last page of the main output document. An error is triggered if the output document is a collection.
You can customize the text of a text stamp or the value of a barcode stamp using placeholder variables. The supported placeholder names are documented separately in the configurator for each workflow. See Stamping in workflows.
Placeholder variables whose name start with “custom:” are replaced with the value of the corresponding document option
CUSTOM.‹OPTION-NAME›. This placeholder is used to generate barcodes.
- The stamp text in the profile is configured as:
Reviewed by [custom:REVIEWER].
- The document option
CUSTOM.REVIEWERis set to
- The resulting stamp text is:
Reviewed by John Doe.