Getting started with the Conversion Service is simple: install the Conversion Service on your server and you are all set for your first conversion.
1. Install the Conversion Service
You can install the Conversion Service on a Windows Server or on a Docker container.
2. Convert a file using the preinstalled configuration
Convert your first file using the preinstalled configuration.
- Copy a document, e.g.
input.pdf, to the server you just installed the service on.
- Open a command prompt and type:
pdfclient -v input.pdf output.pdf
- The client shows the progress and when it is finished, you find the newly generated
output.pdfin the current working directory.
The shell client
pdfclient from the image can be used to test your configuration:
docker run --rm --network conversion-service \
--mount "type=bind,src=c:\path\to\input,dst=/input" \
bash -c "bin/pdfclient -v -url http://server:13303/conversion/v1.0/rest \
If the service uses HTTPS, its host certificate must be trusted by the Docker container running
Otherwise, no connection can be established. By default, no trusted certificates are installed.
3. Configure for your scenario
Once you have tested the demo conversion, you can start to configure the service to meet your requirements:
- Set up the service depending on your installation.
- Adapt the default profile or create a new profile for a workflow.
- Create a new workflow
4. Integrate into your system
There are several ways you can integrate the Conversion Service into your system: