3-Heights® Document Converter - the enterprise server solution
The 3-Heights® Document Converter is a company-wide PDF converter solution that converts all popular file formats to PDF, PDF/A and TIFF. The conversion service can be accessed using watched folders, batch or its API.
It addresses various requirements in the field of conversion, in particular:
- Making documents archivable (MS Word to PDF also convert docx to pdf)
- Migrating existing archives
- Exchanging documents
- Fulfilling standards (ISO) and security requirements
- Archiving websites and email
- Standardizing the variety of formats across the corporation
MS Office documents to PDF, PDF/A and TIFF
Internet Mail Message
Convert emails (with attachments) to PDF, PDF/A and TIFF
Implement as central / online conversion portal
Life Insurance Society banks on the ISO long-term storage format PDF/A
Minimization of paper-based files at the City of Zurich’s Department of Education and Sport
Document converter - Features
- The most significant features include
- Conversion of a variety of formats, such as Office documents or emails, to PDF/A and TIFF
- Merge documents
- Robust client/server architecture
- Quick and easy installation (MSI Installer)
- Configuration application for easy management of conversion settings
- Minimal platform and resources requirements for clients
- Convenient integration into user environment via explorer pop-up menu
- Automatic conversion processing from watched folders
- Apply digital signatures
- Scalability for high throughput by parallel processing
- Automatic processing also from folders on an e-mail server
- Additional input document formats available via plug-ins
- Web service (IIS) interface
- Application Programming Interfaces available (C/C++, Java, COM)
- ISO 32000-1 (PDF 1.7)
- ISO 32000-2 (PDF 2.0)
- ISO 19005‑1 (PDF/A‑1)
- ISO 19005‑2 (PDF/A‑2)
- ISO 19005‑3 (PDF/A‑3)
- PAdES (ETSI EN 319 142) signature levels B-B, B-T, CMS
- Legacy PAdES (ETSI TS 103 172) Part2 und Part4 (Long Term Validation, LTV)
- Cryptographic Suites (ETSI TS 119 312)
- ZUGFeRD 1.0, Factur-X V1.0
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook
- Document formats corresponding to the installed MS Office version
- MS Word accepts non-native formats, such as plain text (ASCII and UNICODE), WordPerfect, HTML and others
- PDF (Portable Document Format)
- PDF 1.0 to PDF 1.7
- PDF 2.0
- PDF/A-1a, PDF/A-1b
- PDF/A-2a, PDF/A-2u, PDF/A-2b
- PDF/A-3a, PDF/A-3u, PDF/A-3b
- EML and MSG (Internet Mail Message format)
- Image Documents (TIFF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, JBIG2, JP2, JPM)
- ZIP or RAR files containing documents corresponding to any supported format
- PDF 1.0 to PDF 1.7
- PDF 2.0
- PDF/A-1a, PDF/A-1b
- PDF/A-2a, PDF/A-2b, PDF/A-2u
- PDF/A-3a, PDF/A-3b, PDF/A-3u
- TIFF: Bi-tonal, Monochrome, Color; with CCITT G4, JPEG, flate, LZW or no compression
Areas of use - central conversion for all popular file formats to PDF, PDF/A an
Incoming file scans and emails are received by the 3-Heights™ Document Converter inbox. Email messages and all the attachments are merged to form one single document. Optionally, it can recognize text via OCR, supplement metadata, add digital signatures, compress files and condition them for further processing within the company.
The 3-Heights™ Document Converter employed in email dispatch converts digital documents to PDF/A or PDF prior to sending.
The archive module of the 3-Heights™ Document Converter processes digital documents from all areas of the company. These can be emails, websites, Office documents or other documents. It converts them to a standard format, completes metadata and checks the result for conformance with the standard. As a gatekeeper it ensures that only conform documents are transferred to the long-term archive.
Other areas of use
- Archive migration
- Online conversion service
- Company-wide conversion portal
The Enterprise Edition of the 3-Heights® Document Converters not only offers the conversion of the common work documents, such as Office documents, to PDF, but also the conversion of entire websites and emails. This makes it especially suitable for processing incoming mail and for archiving emails with attachments and Office documents in the long term. Additional formats can be added thanks to its plug-in architecture.
The Enterprise Edition features an API and a web-service, which allows a simple and quick integration in existing environments. Due to its high speed, availability and scalability it can be implemented as a ready-to-use solution in companies of any size.
Product Editions 3-Heights® Document Converter
|Watched file folders||■|
|Watched Email folders (via IMAP)||■|
|Shell Extension for Windows Explorer||■|
|Command Line Tool||■|
|Programming Interface (API)||■|
|MS Word / Outlook Add-Ins||■|
|VB Script Plugin||■|
|Added Value Functions|
|Optional Text Recognition (OCR)***||■|
|Merge PDF Files||■|
|Fast Web Viewing||■|
|Embedding of Metadata||■|
|MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio*||■|
|Open Office, Libre Office*||■|
|Email [with attachments(*)] (MSG, EML, MIME)**||■|
|Plain Text (ASCII, UNICODE), WordPerfect||■|
|Image Formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, JB2, JP2, JPX, PBM||■|
|Nestet Containers: ZIP, TAR, RAR||■|
|Custom specific extensions: e.g. CAD||■|
|TIFF V6, TIFF JPEG TN2||■|
|DF/A-2a, PDF/A-2b, PDF/A-2u||■|
|PDF/A-3a, PDF/A-3b, PDF/A-3u||■|
|ZIP-Archives (TIFF or PDF or PDF/A)||■|
|Windows Server (Windows Server 2008 or higher)||■|
|Windows Client (Windows 7 or higher)||□|
|Performance and Maintenance|
|Number of clients||unlimited|
|Number of Worker Sessions (scale up)||1 to n|
|Distributed Worker Sessions / Multiple Servers (scale out)||1 to n|
|Windows Terminal Server Sessions||■|
* Requires Office (MS Office or LibreOffice)
** Requires MS Outlook
*** Requires 3-Heights® OCR Service
Converting invoice documents to the ZUGFeRD data formatXML or PDF? That's one of the most heard questions when it comes to invoice document formats. XML is the preferred format for machines whereas PDF is the format for humans. But why not have the cake and eat it? With ZUGFeRD you can have both documents in one file.
Automating the conversion of Microsoft Office Documents to PDF/AA central service to convert Microsoft Office documents to PDF or PDF/A has obvious advantages. The conversion is done on an enterprise wide platform with well defined software versions and conversion process configurations...
- What is ZUGFeRD?
- Where is ZUGFeRD used and when does it make sense?
- What do you have to keep in mind?
- How does PDF Tools AG support ZUGFeRD?
Document Converter: Basics and Applications
- What does a central conversion service do?
- How is the service used?
- What are the benefits of a central service?
- Architecture and performance features