3-Heights™ PDF Producer – virtual printer for creating PDF, PDF/A and TIFF files
Developer component – The 3-Heights™ PDF Producer creates PDF, PDF/A and TIFF documents from any Windows application via the print function. PDF, PDF/A and TIFF documents can also be created at the touch of a button from within Microsoft Office and the result displayed automatically thanks to a plug-in.
The API version offers software development partners in particular a multitude of additional options.
PDF, PDF/A and TIFF document generation
Integrate into existing application to create PDF documents
Generates digital documents to PDF/A or PDF ready for sending
PDF Producer - features
- Set PDF conformance
- Automatically detect and adjust portrait and landscape formats
- Use Unicode and ANSI font sets including Asian font sets (Chinese, Japanese and Korean)
- Print in color or grayscale
- Set image compression quality (e.g. JPEG)
- Set output resolution
- Set compression for bi-tonal images (G3, G3-2D, G4, JBIG2, ZIP, Packbits)
- Set compression for indexed images (LZW)
- Set compression for color and grayscale images (JPEG, ZIP)
- Add XMP Metadata to generated PDF document
- Encrypt and password-protect documents and set user access permissions
- Select from more than 100 standard page formats
- Reduce image resolution (optional)
- Linearize PDF documents for fast web view
- Embed fonts (optional)
- Subset fonts to reduce file size (optional)
- Set output intent (Color management)
- Set standard settings for all users
- Set customized settings per user
- Port monitor for automated and configurable post-processing of generated PDF documents
- Port pool for parallel document creation in multi-user environments (Terminal Server, Citrix)
- Synchronous and asynchronous document creation
- Predefined settings in TIFF Producer (Fax N, bi-tonal, grayscale, RGB, CMYK)
- Automatic resolution limitation to prevent memory space problems
- Optional application of stamps, watermarks, etc., with the aid of XML control files
- Scripted installation (MSI) for automated software distribution
- ISO 19005-1 (PDF/A-1)
- ISO 19005-2 (PDF/A-2)
- ISO 19005-3 (PDF/A-3)
- ISO 32000-1 (PDF 1.7)
- ISO 32000-2 (PDF 2.0)
The tool accommodates all input formats supported by the print function of the Windows application (e. g. MS Word).
- PDF 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.0
Area of use - create PDF, PDF/A and TIFF documents from any Windows application
The 3-Heights™ PDF Producer employed in email dispatch converts digital documents to PDF/A or PDF ready for sending.
- Creation of conformance relevant documents (business reports, etc.)
- Creation of product and process documentation from graphic programs (CAD)
The PDF Producer serves the purpose of archiving digital documents generated by proprietary applications (for instance, Microsoft Office or AutoCAD) that do not offer a PDF export function or do not guarantee PDF/A-conform generation.
Multi-client and standardized creation of PDF and PDF/A files in hosting environments.
Straightforward, stable and error-free generation of PDF documents from applications
Integration of the 3-Heights™ PDF Producer enables academia personnel to more efficiently convert documents in various formats to PDF.