3-Heights™ PDF Producer – virtual printer for creating PDF, PDF/A and TIFF files
The 3‑Heights™ PDF Producer creates PDF, PDF/A and TIFF documents from any Windows application via the print function.
PDF, PDF/A and TIFF documents can also be created at the touch of a button from within Microsoft Office and the result displayed automatically thanks to a plug-in.
The API version offers software development partners in particular a multitude of additional options.
Properties and benefits
The 3-Heights™ PDF Producer enables simple and fast generation of high-quality PDF, PDF/A and TIFF documents from within a large number of applications.
The component supplements the high quality standards of software products and refines them in the form of highly reliable PDF generation.
- High throughput
- High conversion quality
- PDF/A compliance
- Preservation of vector graphic presentation and the searchability of text
- Integrated preview
- Synchronous generation
- Simple integration
- Specially optimized for multi-threaded environments and use on Windows terminal servers and Citrix
- Direct, client-based generation
- Parallel, server-based generation via the network
- Port monitor supports printer pooling
- Select PDF conformity
- Parallel processing thanks to printer pooling support
- Supports various Windows and Office versions including Windows 7 32/64 bit and MS Office 2010
- Automatically detect and adjust portrait and landscape format
- Use Unicode and ANSI font sets including Asian font sets (Chinese, Japanese and Korean)
- Select color (RGB or CMYK) or grayscale
- Set image quality when applying lossy compression algorithms
- Set the resolution
- Optional embedding of fonts as subsets to keep the file size small
- Set compression for bi-tonal images
- Set compression for indexed images
- Set compression for color and grayscale images
- Encrypt and password-protect files and set permission flags
- Select from more than 100 standard page formats
- Make use of optional image resolution reduction (downsampling)
- Set standardized settings for all users and customized settings for individual users
- Automated and configurable filing and processing of created files (port monitor)
- Linearization for fast web view
- Optional application of stamps, watermarks, etc., with the aid of XML control files
- Add the current time to the file name
- Support for environment variables in output directories and execution-commands
- Scripted installation by MSI
- C interface for a customized installation procedure for an OEM solution
- Implementation of a proprietary application (e.g. MS Office Plug-in)
- Transfer of XMP metadata
- Transfer hyperlinks
- Transfer bookmarks
- File conversion
- Customizable PDF creator
The 3‑Heights™ PDF Producer employed in email dispatch converts digital documents to PDF/A or PDF ready for sending.
- Creation of compliance relevant documents (business reports, etc.)
- Creation of product and process documentation from graphic programs (CAD)
The PDF Producer serves the purpose of archiving digital documents generated by proprietary applications (for instance, Microsoft Office or AutoCAD) that do not offer a PDF export function or do not guarantee PDF/A-compliant generation.
Multi-client and standardized creation of PDF and PDF/A files in hosting environments.
The tool accommodates all input formats supported by the print function of the Windows application (e. g. MS Word).
- PDF/A‑1b, PDF/A‑2u and PDF/A‑3u
- ISO 19005‑1 (PDF/A‑1)
- ISO 19005‑2 (PDF/A‑2)
- ISO 19005‑3 (PDF/A‑3)
- ISO 32000 (PDF 1.7)
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - 32 & 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 – 32 & 64 bit
- Plug-in API for transferring metadata, links and bookmarks during document creation
- API for easy, automated conversion of files into PDF and PDF/A
- API for automated installation
- Creation: C, Java, .NET, COM
- Installation: C
- Desktop incl. Office plug-in
- API for converting, installing and integrating metadata, hyperlinks and bookmarks