3-Heights™ PDF Printer – Print documents to any output device
The 3‑Heights™ PDF Printer is a compact component for printing PDF documents.
PDF documents are used in many areas of business and need to fulfill differing demands with regard to printing. These include a high throughput rate, high visual fidelity even with complex documents, PDF/A-compliant printing, printing on paper or in print datastreams such as PS, PCL and XPS.
The component is characterized by high performance and ease of integration. It is available in three versions: as an API designed for programmatically controllable printing, as shell for uncomplicated mass printing and as a service for automated printing in the background.
The PDF Printer component has a wide range of options for print control and can print raster images such as TIFF.
Properties and benefits
- Automatic paper and tray selection
- Compatibility mode for legacy printers
- Color optimization to save costs
- Lists printers, trays, paper formats, etc.
- Print service with monitored directories and customized settings per directory
- “Banding” of very large files for better printer support
- Stable and unsupervised background printing reduces the costs of maintenance and operation
- Supports all printers under Windows
- Extremely comprehensive control of printer settings (including printer-specific settings such as multiple pages per sheet, stapling, follow-me printing, etc.)
- Remote printing via network and Internet
- Application of watermarks, stamps, etc.
- Print job grouping
- Supports PDF/A, PDF, TIFF, JPEG, etc.
- Parallel printing
- Printing on paper or virtual printers and divert printing to a file
- Local / remote printing
- Select paper format
- Select paper tray
- Select print quality
- Define page sequence
- Select printer-specific properties
- Color management control
- Supports http, https and ftp data streams
- Print raster images (TIFF, JPEG, PNG, etc.)
- Group documents in one print job
- Integrate watermarks (text, image)
- List printers per host and printer properties (supported paper formats, trays, etc.)
- Duplex printing
- Select orientation
- Print multiple copies
- Positioning (centering, scaling, realigning)
- Print encrypted documents
Printing from within applications
The PDF Printer component offers a flexible print function for applications for creating and processing PDF and image documents.
Batch and mass printing
The PDF Printer can be used in companies of any size as a central printing service for PDF documents and image documents. It is particularly suitable for personalized printing, ticket printing and generating paper copies from electronic archives.
Other areas of use
- Creation of printer data streams for COLD applications
- Receipt printer in subsidiaries
- Web-based printing
- Printing as the last step of a report generator
- PDF (Portable Document Format)
- PDF/A (PDF for Archiving)
- TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
- JPEG (Joint Photographic Expert Group)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- GIF (Graphics Interchange Format)
- BMP (Window Bitmap)
- EPS (Encapsulated Post Script)
- JB2 (JBIG2, Joint Bi-level Image Experts Group)
- JP2 (JPEG2000)
- JPX (Extended JPEG2000)
- PBM (Portable Bitmap File Format)
- JIF (GIF Flate)
- Print spool formats: PostScript, PCL, etc.
- ISO 19005‑1 (PDF/A‑1)
- ISO 19005‑2 (PDF/A‑2)
- ISO 19005‑3 (PDF/A‑3)
- ISO 32000-1 (PDF 1.7)
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - 32 & 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 – 32 & 64 bit
- API: C, Java, .NET, COM
All program libraries are written in efficient and thread-safe C++. API offers a selection of the following connections to programming languages:
- MS Visual Basic, Borland Delphi, MS Office products such as Access, C++, C#, J# via COM
- C and C++ via native C
- C#, VB .NET, J# via .NET
- Java via JNI
- Shell tool (command line)
- API (programming interface)
- Windows service (system service)