3-Heights™ PDF Toolbox – developer component for PDF processing
The 3-Heights™ PDF Toolbox API is a highly performant, platform independent component for creating and assembling conforming PDF/A documents.
Assemble PDF documents from any source.
Enrich PDF documents with additional information, such as stamps.
Create new pages with any content and add them to your PDF documents.
Areas of use
Programmatic creation of any PDF/A-compliant document, whereby its content can stem from any source such as a database or webpage form.
PDF documents are used for distributing e-books as well as for creating invoices, contracts and terms and conditions, for instance in insurance application forms. These documents share a common requirement: they need to be supplemented with data specific to the recipient.
Large quantities of information are stored in databases and DMS systems. PDF Toolbox is designed to receive this information and convert it into distributable standardized PDF documents. It therefore enables the distribution of documents across infrastructures where different technologies and operating systems are in use.
Other areas of use
- Mass production of invoices, reports, etc.
- PDF creation "on-the-fly" in web server applications
- "Save as PDF/A" function in application programs
- Import images and text in PDF/A documents
- Copy pages from existing PDFs
- Copy annotations, form fields, links, logical structure, destinations, outlines
- Flatten annotations, form fields, signatures
- Optimize resources
- Create new PDF content from scratch
- Apply content to existing pages
- Free composition of content, overlays, underlays, stamps
More information in the API manual
- ISO 19005-1 (PDF/A-1)
- ISO 19005-2 (PDF/A-2)
- ISO 32000 (PDF 1.7)
- PDF (Portable Document Format)
- JPEG (Joint Photographic Expert Group)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- GIF (Graphics Interchange Format)
- BMP (Window Bitmap)
- JB2 (JBIG2, Joint Bi-level Image Experts Group)
- JP2 (JPEG2000)
- JPX (Extended JPEG2000)