PDF Prep Tool Suite – PDF editor for developers
The PDF Prep Tool Suite is a programming library for creating, splitting, merging and edit PDF documents. It can be used to modify PDF, add content such as text, images and vector graphics. Interactive elements such as links, form fields and bookmarks can be added and processed.
The component is used for the following tasks:
- Assemble PDF documents
- Personalize documents
- Fill in form fields
PDF documents can be created from scratch – for instance on the basis of a template to which data is added from a source such as a database.
Properties such as position, font, size and color are freely selectable. Once created, PDF documents can be encrypted and optimized for fast web-based viewing.
Properties and benefits
PDF Prep Tool Suite is particularly suitable for personalization tasks. It allows the use of templates such as business cards, e‑books, invoices, etc. Templates are then supplemented with customer-specific information. The tool enables the creation of customized PDF documents for use in sales or for further processing.
- Simple application with a suitable mix of functions for post-processing purposes
- High performance
- Platform independent
- Merge any number of pages from one or multiple PDF documents
- Apply content to the background or foreground of an existing or new page
- Text (page number, address, customer number, etc.)
- Image (company logo, scanned signature)
- Vector graphic (line, square, curve)
- Remove viewer access rights
- Set page size (media box) and visible area (crop box)
- Set color as RGB or CMYK
- Optimize PDF files for fast web view (linearization)
- Encrypt PDF documents with a password and set permission flags
- Read encrypted PDF documents
- Define and extract document properties such as title, author, date of creation, etc.
- Set and get outlines (bookmarks) in PDF documents
- Copy content from multiple pages to one page including positioning, scaling and rotation
- Add internal and external links and comments
- Add, fill in, delete and read out form fields
- Extract text including font and positioning information
PDF documents are used for distributing e‑books as well as for creating invoices, contracts and terms and conditions, for instance in insurance application forms. These documents share a common requirement: they need to be supplemented with data specific to the recipient.
Large quantities of information are stored in databases and DMS systems. PDF Prep Tool Suite is designed to receive this information and convert it into distributable standardized PDF documents. It therefore enables the distribution of documents across infrastructures where different technologies and operating systems are in use.
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - 32 & 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 – 32 & 64 bit
- HP‑UX 11i incl. ia64 (Itanium) - 64 bit
- IBM AIX 6.1 - 64 bit
- macOS 10.4 - 32 & 64 bit
- Linux 2.4 & 2.6 - 32 & 64 bit
- Oracle Solaris 10, SPARC & Intel
- HP-UX 11, PA-RISC2.0 - 32 bit
- API: C, Java, COM
- API (programming interface)