3-Heights® PDF Analysis & Repair - recover and repair PDF files
The 3-Heights® PDF Analysis & Repair component detects and repairs corrupted PDF documents in automated processing procedures. It repairs defective or illegible PDF documents or restores them as far as possible. The component analyses PDF documents with regard to PDF specifications and repairs them where indicated. It extracts legible content such as images or page fragments from irreparable documents and saves the data as a new document.
Incorrect PDF creation or manipulation, faulty FTP transfers, system crashes during creation, network interruptions or incomplete copying can all render PDF documents illegible. This can result in the loss of important data and, as a consequence, the loss of information or production downtimes.
Automatically detect and repair corrupted PDF documents
Restore lost content and regain information
Use at incoming-mail stage to improve quality
PDF/A conversion with OCR recognition for Volkswagen Foundation’s document management
PDF and PDF/A functionality in a document management system
PDF Analysis & Repair - Features
- Analyze and/or repair one or more PDF Documents
- Set analysis options, including:
- Page tree
- Content stream
- Set repair options, including:
- Restore data streams
- Restore fonts
- Restore XRef table
- Restore pages
- Restore images if pages cannot be restored
- Display error description for every message, including:
- Type (errors, warnings, information)
- Error code
- Text-based description
- Page number
- Number of events
- Write error messages to log file
- Read encrypted PDF files
- Read input from and write output document to file or memory
- Encrypt restored file and set permission flags
- Set error level to identify whether errors, warnings or merely information occur
- Set reporting level to determine which messages should be issued (errors, warnings, information)
- Differentiate between“Repair”(corrects the errors in the document) and“Restore”(recreates the documentbased on the remaining legible information)
Areas of use - detect and repair corrupted PDF documents
The component enables quality checks to be carried out prior to archiving. Defective PDF documents are repaired in good time or removed from the archiving process.
Incoming or scanned PDF documents received as mail are thoroughly analyzed and repaired on the basis of a customized profile. This process subjects PDF documents to a strict quality control check before they are released for use in document management systems, workflow and other business processes.
It is also possible to use the PDF Analysis & Repair component to apply quality controls to outgoing mail. Documents are checked prior to conversion to a print format such as PCL or Postscript to avoid rejects and idle time, thus increasing efficiency. It should be assured that recipients of PDF documents dispatched by email receive a legible and utilizable PDF document.
Other areas of use
- Quality assurance
- Correction of systematic errors