Here you'll find the latest functional changes for the Pdf Tools SDK.
- Added the DocumentAssembler class. This class allows you to combine multiple input PDF documents into one output document, or split one input PDF document into multiple output documents.
- Added the ability to include a customizable signature appearance when Signing a PDF document. A signature's appearance may be any combination of text, images, and other PDF documents.
- Added new distribution for older Linux systems (glibc 2.12+).
- Added the MetadataSettings class. This class allows you to set Metadata in the output PDF document, by providing them in the producer method's OutputOptions.
- The minimum required glibc version was upgraded from 2.27 to 2.34.
- Added signature validation for the digital signing functionality. This allows you to extract signing certificate information and trust chain information, and perform validation of time-stamps, handle expired certificates, use custom trust stores, and check for the latest document revision.
Updated C API ZIP archive layout
- The C API ZIP archive directory layout has been updated (see Getting-started).
Updated Java API ZIP archive layout
- The Java API ZIP archive directory layout has been updated (see Getting-started).