3-Heights™ Java Document Viewer – View documents in a Java application
The 3-Heights™ Java Document Viewer is a platform independent component for rendering (displaying and printing) PDF/A, PDF and image files with additional functions. A GUI framework is also available as source code.
The 3-Heights™ Java Document Viewer is ideal for integrating flexible and customized viewer functionality in an application. Proprietary elements such as comments and markers can be superimposed on the display and equipped with proprietary operating elements.
Properties and benefits
- Bookmarks, preview images (thumbnails)
- Text search
- Marking locations in a document
- Display documents directly from memory
- Stable and robust viewer (without automatic updates)
- Visual document comparison (with only one window for results)
- Display of invisible text (e.g. OCR text)
- Display as a component of applications (GUI control)
- Secure viewer as a component of a signature application
- Preview and visual document verification applications
- Supports Asian font systems, fill patterns, color gradients and transparency
- Display PDF/A, PDF, image and text files
- Adaptable sample application as Java source code with customized menus, push buttons, etc.
- Broad range of basic functions such as browse, scroll, zoom, rotate, etc.
- Page navigation by page number, bookmarks and links, etc.
- Scale and display one or more pages
- Superimpose elements such as comments from external sources on the display
- Display mode for displaying extractable text
- Visual comparison of two documents on the same page
Document management systems
Use as a viewer for comparing, displaying and printing many file formats; equipped with format-independent user navigation. Document annotation as a workflow component is also possible.
Secure document viewing in conjunction with digital signatures guarantees that hidden information such as alternative content is also displayed when signing.
Viewing of PDF documents generated “on the fly” from raw data in the system.
Other areas of use
- Content Management System
- PDF (Portable Document Format)
- Text files
- Rasterized image formats
- TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
- JPEG (Joint Photographic Expert Group)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- GIF (Graphics Interchange Format)
- BMP (Window Bitmap)
- EPS (Encapsulated Post Script)
- JB2 (JBIG2, Joint Bi-level Image Experts Group)
- JP2 (JPEG2000)
- JPX (Extended JPEG2000)
- PBM (Portable Bitmap File Format)
- JIF (GIF Flate)
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - 32 & 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 – 32 & 64 bit
- HP‑UX 11i incl. ia64 (Itanium) - 64 bit
- IBM AIX 6.1 - 64 bit
- macOS 10.4 - 32 & 64 bit
- Linux 2.4 & 2.6 - 32 & 64 bit
- Oracle Solaris 10, SPARC & Intel
- HP-UX 11, PA-RISC2.0 - 32 bit
- Java API