PDF Prep Tool Suite – PDF editor for developers
The PDF Prep Tool Suite is a programming library for creating, splitting, merging and edit PDF documents. It can be used to modify PDF, add content such as text, images and vector graphics. Interactive elements such as links, form fields and bookmarks can be added and processed.
PDF documents can be created from scratch – for instance on the basis of a template to which data is added from a source such as a database.
Properties such as position, font, size and color are freely selectable. Once created, PDF documents can be encrypted and optimized for fast web-based viewing.
Assemble PDF documents
Fill in form fields
PDF Prep Tool Suite - features
- Merge any number of pages from one or multiple PDF documents
- Apply content to the background or foreground of an existing or new page
- Text (page number, address, customer number, etc.)
- Image (company logo, scanned signature)
- Vector graphic (line, square, curve)
- Remove viewer access rights
- Set page size (media box) and visible area (crop box)
- Set color as RGB or CMYK
- Optimize PDF files for fast web view (linearization)
- Encrypt PDF documents with a password and set permission flags
- Read encrypted PDF documents
- Define and extract document properties such as title, author, date of creation, etc.
- Set and get outlines (bookmarks) in PDF documents
- Copy content from multiple pages to one page including positioning, scaling and rotation
- Add internal and external links and comments
- Add, fill in, delete and read out form fields
- Extract text including font and positioning information
Areas of use - create, splitt, merge and edit PDF documents
PDF documents are used for distributing e-books as well as for creating invoices, contracts and terms and conditions, for instance in insurance application forms. These documents share a common requirement: they need to be supplemented with data specific to the recipient.
Large quantities of information are stored in databases and DMS systems. PDF Prep Tool Suite is designed to receive this information and convert it into distributable standardized PDF documents. It therefore enables the distribution of documents across infrastructures where different technologies and operating systems are in use.
Bayer CropScience relies on the ISO long-term archiving format PDF/A
The change to PDF/A has enabled the customer to profit from various advantages: the PDF documents, in contrast to TIFF pages, are searchable and the text can be reused through copy & paste. In addition, the tables of contents have retained their links, allowing users to quickly navigate through documents.
Dynamic watermarks thanks to PDF Prep Tool Suite
McLaren Software can offer its customers dynamic watermarks based on a document's status within its active lifecycle thanks to PDF Prep Tool Suite.