3-Heights™ PDF Merge Split – merging and splitting pages of PDF documents
3-Heights™ PDF Merge Split is a component for splitting and merging the pages of PDF and PDF/A compliant documents with practical additional functions. It can also process multiple input and output documents simultaneously. A special feature is the component’s ability to process and create PDF/A-compliant files.
Merge PDF documents and extract pages
Assemble PDF documents for printing and electronic distribution
Bundle PDF documents for archiving, e.g. daily/monthly processing
PDF merge split - features
- Merge different PDF documents or pages thereof to form a single PDF document
- Split a PDF document of many pages into a number of smaller PDF documents
- Process PDF/A documents: If all the input documents are PDF/A, then the output is PDF/A.
- Rotate pages
- Flatten or remove form fields and annotations
- Set or copy the color profile for the output device (output intent)
- Set or copy document information and metadata (XMP)
- Extract the number of pages, the media box and crop box of a PDF document
- Extract XMP metadata from a PDF document
- Add embedded files to a PDF document
- Optimize page resources when merging PDF documents
- Set passwords and permission flags
- Process from the file system and from memory
- Copy or remove outlines (bookmarks) and create custom outlines
- Merge or remove document structure information
- Remove named destinations
- Set document information entries (title, author, ...)
- Write a linearized PDF (fast web view)
- Split vertical or horizontal double pages into single pages
Areas of use - split and merge PDF documents
Sort individual documents such as scanned documents, generated reports, correspondence, etc., by customer and reassemble to form a file for each customer.
Packetize and archive forms by date, ensuring that completed form fields in the documents are rendered unchangeable (flattening).
Split and merge large PDF documents converted from print data streams (COLD) so they can be assigned to envelopes.
Other areas of use
- Assembling reports from different individual documents or fragments thereof
- Adding further pages such as title pages to documents
- Removing unwanted pages, for instance, blank pages
- Packetizing individual invoices to large batches for archiving, for instance daily and monthly processing
PDF and PDF/A functionality in a document management system
Thanks to PDF Tools AG’s PDF and PDF/A components, myBica AG was able to realize its client Rottal-Metzg AG’s requirements quickly and simply. With the integration of the components, myBica successfully implemented an ERP application with an audit-compliant archiving system.
Paperless electronic file management at the cantonal tax administration authority
Comprehensive electronic files make case processing independent from the actual physical location of the documents. The system represents logistical relief for the tax authorities, whilst storage expenses are cut and the provision of information improved thanks to faster file accessibility.
Splitting and merging pages of PDF documents
Single out pages from a number of input documents and re-arrange them in a set of output documents belongs to the daily routine in a document assembly application. At first glance, this seems to be a clear and understandable task. But PDF offers some special features, on which you should keep an eye during assembly.