3-Heights™ PDF Merge Split – merging and splitting pages of PDF documents
3‑Heights™ PDF Merge Split is a component for splitting and merging the pages of PDF and PDF/A compliant documents with practical additional functions.
In addition to its main functions of splitting and merging, the application can also rotate pages, copy or add metadata and other document attributes such as document outlines, form fields, color profiles for output devices and much more, as well as flattening form fields.
It can also process multiple input and output documents simultaneously. A special feature is the component’s ability to process and create PDF/A-compliant files.
Features and benefits
3‑Heights™ PDF Merge Split is particularly suitable for processing large PDF documents and many pages quickly and efficiently. The component only requires a minimum of system resources.
- PDF/A-compliant processing
- Supports document outlines, form fields, metadata, etc.
- Simultaneous processing of multiple input and output files
- High performance
- Merge different PDF documents or pages thereof to form a single PDF document
- Split a PDF document of many pages into a number of smaller PDF documents
- Rotate pages
- Flatten form fields
- Set and copy the color profile for the output device (output intent)
- Set and copy document information and metadata (XMP)
- Set passwords and permission flags
- Process from the file system and from memory
Sort individual documents such as scanned documents, generated reports, correspondence, etc., by customer and reassemble to form a file for each customer.
Packetize and archive forms by date, ensuring that completed form fields in the documents are rendered unchangeable (flattening).
Split and merge large PDF documents converted from print data streams (COLD) so they can be assigned to envelopes.
Other areas of use
- Assembling reports from different individual documents or fragments thereof
- Adding further pages such as title pages to documents
- Removing unwanted pages, for instance, blank pages
- Packetizing individual invoices to large batches for archiving, for instance daily and monthly processing
- PDF and PDF/A
- PDF and PDF/A (the latter requires all input documents to be compliant with the PDF/A standard)
- ISO 19005‑1 (PDF/A‑1)
- ISO 19005‑2 (PDF/A‑2)
- ISO 19005‑3 (PDF/A‑3)
- ISO 32000‑1 (PDF 1.7)
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - 32 & 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 – 32 & 64 bit
- HP‑UX 11i incl. ia64 (Itanium) - 64 bit
- IBM AIX 6.1 - 64 bit
- macOS 10.4 - 32 & 64 bit
- Linux 2.4 & 2.6 - 32 & 64 bit
- Oracle Solaris 10, SPARC & Intel
- HP-UX 11, PA-RISC2.0 - 32 bit
- API: C, Java, .NET, COM
All program libraries are written in efficient and thread-safe C++. A selection of the following programming languages is offered in the API:
- C and C++ via native C
- C#, VB .NET, J# via .NET
- Java via JNI
- MS Visual Basic, Borland Delphi, MS Office products such as Access and C++ via COM
- Shell tool (command line)
- API (programming interface)
References 3-Heights™ PDF Merge Split
|PDF rendering & desktop tools||API||Shell||Service||Desktop|
|3-Heights™ PDF Printer|
|3-Heights™ PDF Producer|
|3-Heights™ PDF Viewer|
|3-Heights™ Java Document Viewer|
|3-Heights™ PDF Viewer .NET WPF Control|
|3-Heights™ PDF Toolbox|
|3-Heights™ PDF Merge Split|
|3-Heights™ PDF Extract|
|PDF Form Filling & Flattening|
|PDF Batch Stamp Tool|
|PDF Command Line Suite|
|PDF Prep Tool Suite|
|3-Heights™ PDF Optimizer|
|PDF security & signature||API||Shell||Service||Desktop|
|3-Heights™ PDF Security|
|3-Heights™ Signature Creation and Verification Service|