PDF Command Line Suite – batch mode processing toolkit
PDF Command Line Suite is a set of programs for the command line that process PDF documents individually and in batch mode.
It enables you to process PDF documents easily without any programming effort on various operating systems.
Typical processing steps include merging and splitting PDF documents, creating bookmarks, extracting text or applying a company logo. It also performs tasks such as assembling or personalizing PDF documents and form filling.
Properties and benefits
PDF Command Line Suite is particularly suitable for system integrators and technical consultants. It enables existing PDF documents to be processed efficiently and swiftly in accordance with project requirements without any adaptations to the customer’s existing infrastructure.
Performance characteristics Processing individual PDF documents
- Processing large volumes in batch mode
- Variety of functions
- Flexibility thanks to numerous control options
- Easy to use with no programming effort
- Ready to use without adaptations to existing infrastructure
- High performance
- Platform independent
PDF Command Line Suite consists of various specialized command line programs that can be used without any programming effort. They can be concatenated – for instance, if documents in a batch process should first be checked for content prior to merging.
- PDF Merge Program for merging multiple PDF documents
- PDF Split Program for splitting a single PDF document into multiple PDF documents
- PDF Select Program for reading out selected pages
- PDF Text Extraction Program
- PDF Form Filling Program for simple form-based functions
- PDF Web Link Program for inserting web links
- PDF Table of Contents Program for creating tables of contents
- PDF Bookmarks Program for reading out and creating bookmarks
- PDF Info Program for listing document properties such as the number of pages or page dimensions
The creation of PDF documents containing numerous reports is commonplace. Now imagine creating one report per customer. This is achievable in one simple step with the pdsplit program.
Merging various source documents and applying a company logo is another example. This task is achieved with the pdcat program.
Other areas of use
- Preparing documents for printing and dispatch
- Personalizing documents in web server applications or in batch processing (e. g. quotes for customers)
- Completing form fields in batch processing mode (e. g. compiling reports from a database)
- Document assembly, i.e. splitting and merging pages such as title page and blank pages, as well as enriching pages by adding logos, page numbering and other content
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - 32 & 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 – 32 & 64 bit
- HP‑UX 11i incl. ia64 (Itanium) - 64 bit
- IBM AIX 6.1 - 64 bit
- macOS 10.4 - 32 & 64 bit
- Linux 2.4 & 2.6 - 32 & 64 bit
- Oracle Solaris 10, SPARC & Intel
- HP-UX 11, PA-RISC2.0 - 32 bit
- Shell tool (command line)