Join our great team.
The microcosm of PDF Tools AG
Our team, which develops PDF and PDF/A components and solutions for developers, is a complementary blend of personalities that bring out the best of each other. We all work on an equal basis and rely on each other for support and encouragement.
Our flat organizational structure guarantees short and efficient information and decision-making channels. All employees have the opportunity to contribute and help define the processes. Due to the company size, each member of staff is treated as an individual and supported as such. A healthy work-life balance and a strong team spirit is also important: in addition to regular staff events, our employees often get together outside work for lunch, sports or movie nights.
We all share the same passion for developing high-quality products that benefit our customers and business partners – in a pleasant working environment based on honesty and fairness and in which everyone can count on each other.
Successful together – our unique team consists of innovative minds who live and breathe software development. We are looking for new team members whose personality and skills are a perfect fit for our corporate culture.
- Motivated and dedicated software developers who feel at home in a dynamic environment
- ETH students looking for an exciting and varied internship in software development Our staff must be equally comfortable working alone or as part of a team.
Our staff must be equally comfortable working alone or as part of a team.
Do you fit the bill?
- Software engineers with a Master’s in IT or electrical engineering
- ETH students in electrical engineering or IT (fourth semester or above)
The following may also appeal to you
- New employees are assigned a ‘friend’ from within the team to help them settle in, while students are assigned a mentor for the duration of their internship
- Flexible working hours (flexitime)
- Good public transport links
- Free coffee, tea and fresh fruit
- Regular team events (Easter, Christmas, barbecues, etc.)
Get to know us!
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application by email.
The application process involves several stages:
- Documentation check and request for any other information that may be required by email or telephone
- Initial personal interview with the department head
- Taster day – a day at PDF Tools AG. This gives us an opportunity to get to know each other better. After being introduced to the team and the different departments, you will solve a small problem (based on the job description) and present your work at the end of the day.
- Second interview – contract/salary negotiations
Software developer with master’s degree
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for developing systems software, making customer-specific modifications to standard products and supporting our customers’ developers. As a development engineer, you will incorporate the best of your engineering knowledge and have the chance to design and implement software from the bottom up.
Internship in systems software development
As a student of electrical engineering or information technology, you will have the opportunity to incorporate your own ideas. Within your role, you will gain extensive experience in the design and implementation of complex software products and you will benefit from working in a young team of fellow ETH students. During a period of at least six months, you will have the chance to experience software development up close. Working in a modern environment with a qualified team, you will play a direct part in developing our products.