3-Heights™ PDF Viewer – view documents in an embedded OCX application
The 3‑Heights™ PDF Viewer is a compact and sophisticated component for viewing PDF documents. It supports raster images such as TIFF and JPEG in addition to PDF and provides an option to print the document on display.
The PDF Viewer component allows the creation of applications that offer the user restricted functionality only. This can be used to suppress saving or printing, for instance.
The component is also available as OCX. It can be integrated in many types of application such as rich clients and web applications.
The Viewer is designed for professional use where its highly developed technology can realize its full potential. In addition to characteristics such as high visual fidelity and support for documents in any language the Viewer also displays documents PDF/A-compliant.
Properties and benefits
The 3‑Heights™ PDF Viewer is independent and does not require third party software. The component is very compact and only needs a fraction of the load time and memory requirements of conventional viewers. The Viewer also offers PDF/A-compliant document display.
Any functions in the user application – for instance, printing, saving and navigating – can be enabled or suppressed. The high precision of the display is particularly suitable for documents requiring a high level of detail such as, for instance, construction plans, high-resolution product graphics or scientific and medical documents.
- Short load time (application start and documents)
- High visual fidelity
- Supports any font set and language such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, barcode, etc.
- Ease of integration
- Uncomplicated deployment
- PDF/A compliant display
- Displays raster images such as TIFF, JPEG, PNG, etc.
- Requires little memory space
- Auto-boot compatible (without requiring installation or registration) from CD, USB stick, etc.
- Can be used as a web browser plug-in
- Performance: fast display even of very large documents
- Display PDF documents
- Display pages individually or continuously
- Search for text
- Show and hide outline (bookmark), page navigation and scroll bar views
- Select page view
- Adjust to page width
- Adjust to page size
- Actual size
- Freely selectable zoom level
- Select zoom area with mouse
- Display two pages side by side
- Rotate and display the page
- Open encrypted PDF documents
- Show and apply annotations
- Read document from file or memory
- Supports links (internal or URL)
- Display raster images such as TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- Replace embedded fonts with pre-installed fonts for viewing and printing
All corporate areas
The 3‑Heights™ PDF Viewer is an independent and lean component. It is generally suitable for use in all corporate areas to preserve memory resources, reduce load times and minimize security risks.
The PDF Viewer can be integrated in software solutions as an independent viewer and is also suitable for handhelds and tablet PCs. Its appearance can be adapted to user requirements to a considerable degree.
Other areas of use
- Display and print PDF/A, PDF and image documents from within applications
- Display surface (control) without control elements
- CD-ROM (direct start without installation)
- Memory sticks (small footprint)
- PDF Viewer browser control for web applications
- Signature applications (secure viewing)
- Security environments (nuclear power plants, military installations, laboratories, etc.)
- PDF (Portable Document Format)
- FDF (Form Data Format)
- TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
- JPEG (Joint Photographic Expert Group)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- GIF (Graphics Interchange Format)
- BMP (Window Bitmap)
- EPS (Encapsulated Post Script)
- JB2 (JBIG2, Joint Bi-level Image Experts Group)
- JP2 (JPEG2000)
- JPX (Extended JPEG2000)
- PBM (Portable Bitmap File Format)
- JIF (GIF Flate)
- File can be saved in the same format as the incoming format
- ISO 19005‑1 (PDF/A‑1)
- ISO 19005‑2 (PDF/A‑2)
- ISO 19005‑3 (PDF/A‑3)
- ISO 32000 (PDF 1.7)
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - 32 & 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 – 32 & 64 bit
- API: C, COM
All program libraries are written in efficient and thread-safe C++. API offers a selection of the following connections to programming languages:
- MS Visual Basic, Borland Delphi, MS Office products such as Access, C++, C#, J# via COM
- C and C++ via native C
- API (programming interface)
- Windows desktop