3-Heights™ PDF Analysis & Repair – recover and repair PDF files
The 3-Heights™ PDF Analysis & Repair component detects and repairs corrupted PDF documents in automated processing procedures. It repairs defective or illegible PDF documents or restores them as far as possible.
Incorrect PDF creation or manipulation, faulty FTP transfers, system crashes during creation, network interruptions or incomplete copying can all render PDF documents illegible.
This can result in the loss of important data and, as a consequence, the loss of information or production downtimes.
The 3-Heights™ PDF Analysis & Repair component analyses PDF documents with regard to PDF specifications and repairs them where indicated. It extracts legible content such as images or page fragments from irreparable documents and saves the data as a new document.
Properties and benefits
Firstly, 3-Heights™ PDF Analysis & Repair restores files that do not meet PDF specifications. Secondly, it can read out elements such as pages or images from illegible PDF documents and save them as a new document.
The 3-Heights™ PDF Analysis & Repair tool guarantees the quality and legibility of PDF documents in all business processes. The component is characterized by its high speed, comprehensive mechanisms for analysis and repair and its suitability for a variety of operating systems.
- High sensitivity in corruption detection
- Comprehensive repair functions
- Restoration of available data from illegible documents
- High restoration speed
- Definition of customized repair profiles for different output documents
- Platform independent
- Analyze and/or repair one or more PDF Documents
- Set analysis options, including:
- Page tree
- Content stream
- Set repair options, including:
- Restore data streams
- Restore fonts
- Restore XRef table
- Restore pages
- Restore images if pages cannot be restored
- Display error description for every message, including:
- Type (errors, warnings, information)
- Error code
- Text-based description
- Page number
- Number of events
- Write error messages to log file
- Read encrypted PDF files
- Read input from and write output document to file or memory
- Encrypt restored file and set permission flags
- Set error level to identify whether errors, warnings or merely information occur
- Set reporting level to determine which messages should be issued (errors, warnings, information)
- Differentiate between“Repair”(corrects the errors in the document) and“Restore”(recreates the documentbased on the remaining legible information)
The component enables quality checks to be carried out prior to archiving. Defective PDF documents are repaired in good time or removed from the archiving process.
Incoming or scanned PDF documents received as mail are thoroughly analyzed and repaired on the basis of a customized profile. This process subjects PDF documents to a strict quality control check before they are released for use in document management systems, workflow and other business processes.
It is also possible to use the PDF Analysis & Repair component to apply quality controls to outgoing mail. Documents are checked prior to conversion to a print format such as PCL or Postscript to avoid rejects and idle time, thus increasing efficiency. It should be assured that recipients of PDF documents dispatched by email receive a legible and utilizable PDF document.
Other areas of use
- Quality assurance
- Correction of systematic errors
- Standards: ISO 32000 (PDF 1.7)
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - 32 & 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 – 32 & 64 bit
- HP‑UX 11i incl. ia64 (Itanium) - 64 bit
- IBM AIX 6.1 - 64 bit
- macOS 10.4 - 32 & 64 bit
- Linux 2.4 & 2.6 - 32 & 64 bit
- Oracle Solaris 10, SPARC & Intel
- HP-UX 11, PA-RISC2.0 - 32 bit
- API: C, Java, .NET, COM
All program libraries are written in efficient and thread-safe C++. API offers a selection of the following connections to programming languages:
- C and C++ via native C
- C#, VB .NET, J# via .NET
- Java via JNI
- MS Visual Basic, Borland Delphi, MS Office products such as Access and C++ via COM
- Shell tool (command line)
- API (programming interface)
- Windows service (system service)
- Windows desktop