- TEAM SPIRIT
- THE PERFECT FIT
- NEXT STEPS
The microcosm of PDF Tools AG
Our team, which develops PDF and PDF/A components and solutions for developers, is a complementary blend of personalities that bring out the best of each other. We all work on an equal basis and rely on each other for support and encouragement.
Our flat organizational structure guarantees short and efficient information and decision-making channels. All employees have the opportunity to contribute and help define the processes. Due to the company size, each member of staff is treated as an individual and supported as such.
A healthy work-life balance and a strong team spirit is also important: in addition to regular staff events, our employees often get together outside work for lunch, sports or movie nights.
We all share the same passion for developing high-quality products that benefit our customers and business partners – in a pleasant working environment based on honesty and fairness and in which everyone can count on each other.
Successful together – our unique team consists of innovative minds who live and breathe software development. We are looking for new team members whose personality and skills are a perfect fit for our corporate culture.
- Motivated and dedicated software developers who feel at home in a dynamic environment
- ETH students looking for an exciting and varied internship in software development Our staff must be equally comfortable working alone or as part of a team
Our staff must be equally comfortable working alone or as part of a team.
Do you fit the bill?
- Software engineers with a Master’s in IT or electrical engineering
- ETH students in electrical engineering or IT (fourth semester or above)
The following may also appeal to you
- New employees are assigned a ‘friend’ from within the team to help them settle in, while students are assigned a mentor for the duration of their internship
- Flexible working hours (flexitime)
- Good public transport links
- Free coffee, tea and fresh fruit
- Regular team events (Easter, Christmas, barbecues, etc.)
Get to know us!
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
The application process involves several stages:
- Documentation check and request for any other information that may be required by email or telephone
- Initial personal interview with the department head
- Taster day – a day at PDF Tools AG. This gives us an opportunity to get to know each other better. After being introduced to the team and the different departments, you will solve a small problem (based on the job description) and present your work at the end of the day
- Second interview – contract/salary negotiations
“At PDF Tools AG, I get to use my full range of skills and continuously learn new ones.”
Dr. sc. ETH Zurich,
PDF Tools AG
“One of the things I like about working at PDF Tools AG is being able to experience the entire software cycle, from design to development through to support.”
ETH graduate engineer,
PDF Tools AG
Software developer with master’s degree
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for developing systems software, making customer-specific modifications to standard products and supporting our customers’ developers.
As a development engineer, you will incorporate the best of your engineering knowledge and have the chance to design and implement software from the bottom up. You will benefit from working in a young team of experts (MSc/PhD); in addition, you will have direct contact with customers and handle their complex requirements. An ideal challenge for young and young-minded engineers who are enthusiastic about their work and keen to develop on a personal level.
You are a dedicated, outgoing and methodical person with an advanced degree (MSc/PhD) in information technology or electrical engineering. In addition, you have extensive conceptual knowledge of at least one modern, object-oriented programming language, design patterns and algorithms.
Do you fit the bill?
Do you share our passion for solving the challenges of the market with reliable software products and top service? Then we can offer you a varied and responsible role in a dynamic, international company in the canton of Zurich, where you will work in state-of-the-art offices with excellent transport links. In addition, we offer flexible working hours, help with professional development and excellent benefits.
Internship in systems software development
During your internship, you will help a young team of software engineers (MSc/PhD) to develop systems software, make customer-specific modifications to standard products and support our customers’ developers.
As a student of electrical engineering or information technology, you will have the opportunity to incorporate your own ideas. Within your role, you will gain extensive experience in the design and implementation of complex software products and you will benefit from working in a young team of fellow ETH students.
You are a dedicated, outgoing and methodical person with excellent team-working skills. Ideally, you will have previous programming experience and conceptual knowledge of at least one modern programming language, algorithms and design patterns.
Would you like to help us solve the challenges of the market with reliable software products? Then we can offer you a varied and responsible internship in a dynamic, international company in the canton of Zurich, where you will work in state-of-the-art offices with excellent transport links. In addition, we offer flexible working hours and a good environment for professional and personal development.